EVO Conversion?!?!?

Discussion in '7G Lancer and older - Customization' started by lancer06evo, Feb 1, 2009.

1. lancer06evo

lancer06evo Member

Ok i got an o6 lancer OZ rally edition and i want to know what is required to switch the front end out to an evo 8 front end...i mean obviously headlights, hood, bumper, and fenders but will the rad support work...the dimensions look exactly the same so i think that should work...anyone know. I've done a front end swap before on my 240...that included front bumper headlights, hood, fenders, and rad support as well as the headlight wiring harness so...i just want to know what u guys probably already know

2. CS7A-7G

CS7A-7G Well-Known Member

it can be done but u need time and money and patience...... if you can find a front clip off a evo8 it be easier but if not then u need front bumper, hood, headlights, fenders, basicly everything off the front end of a evo8... if u plan on droppin the evo8 motor too, most likely u have to do custom axles...
    having the entire drive train off a evo will help along with the electronics aswell, like the ecu and stuff... keep in mind the lancer is not a honda, you cant expect to drop in the motor and expect it to work... if u are going to do that then you have to have like i said in the beginning "time and money and patience...... " the 2 cars are not the same, i drivin both and i know.... in the end you will have a swapped lancer and not a real evo

3. lancer06evo

lancer06evo Member

Thanks man, i am aware it will not be the same...but the evo is not avaliable here except the new one and the price tag says no...lol... so swap is what i'm going for appearance at first and the drivtrain second...

4. CS7A-7G

few people are doing it on evom one is keeping it on a down low untill he is done cause he dont want a bombardment of questions and the other ihas a thread going on evom.. mad_canibise is his screen name i think

5. mangnok

mangnok Well-Known Member

6. mangnok

7. mangnok

8. CS7A-7G

9. lancer06evo

lancer06evo Member

thanks for the listing of the bodykits to make it look like the evo but i want the actual evo parts

10. mangnok

but you have 06 bro can not make it same anyway but if you have 02 you can do it

11. CS7A-7G

02-03 will fit better... im trying to save for the accolade evo7 conv kit hehe

12. dao.style

dao.style Well-Known Member

^^^ i heard bad feedback from accolade, I would stay away unless they cleaned up their act

13. CS7A-7G

from what i heard, they have good rep on evom.... shipping is long though... luckly im out west so it dont matter