Dyno results

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by Belgaram, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Belgaram

Belgaram Well-Known Member

I'm new to the whole performance tuning thing so forgive my ignorance. Just got the results for my 09 GTS 2.4 and while I was dissapointed my tuner guy is very happy with the results. It came back at 135 hp at the wheels. This is with a ram air. I'm told stock altho it lists as about 170, that's not at the wheels and it is realisticlaly around 125. The humidity was 73% and I'm told that's really high and that come fall or when its not so humid the numbers will be better. I'm having headers and catback installed tomorrow and they are going to redyno to see improvements. Ill repost the numbers as I get them

2. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

So in other words your driving an expensive base lancer. The gts trim...does it come with discs brakes in the back or still drums? And those numbers seem to be accurate. Since you have mivec that is pretty good. with headers and exhaust you can expect another 20 at the wheels total. How much was the dyno and did he tune it as well??

3. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

7th gen Lancers, at least 2002-2003, have 120 hp at the fly, and about 80 at the wheels stock. So, that's not bad. And you might get another 10-15 hp from the exhaust and header.

4. Belgaram

The dyno is $55 they are giving me a great deal since they are doing all the work. All total for the installation of the headers, catback, tein springs, ram air, and 3 dynos its about $500. I'm not sure about any tuning with the first dyno since he said he wants to get a baseline. The car is the 09 Lancer GTS with sun and sound package

5. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Its not bad at all. My R/A states 162 at the crank, but threw down a 134 when I first dynoed with only exhaust. Anytime a manufacturer list power numbers, its always crank HP....if its a manual, throw in a light flywheel and you will see more of the actual power go to the wheels.

6. Belgaram

It's the automatic. They actually tried it a few different ways of shifting before they got the best number. They said the most HP gain was in 4th gear.