Drive with fog lights on or off ?

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by kraaZe, Jun 6, 2010.

1. kraaZe

kraaZe Active Member

I'm wondering if there's a big diff if you drove with your fog lights on or off ? It looks nice on , but are there pros and cons to it ?

2. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Nah. I have 3500k HID's in my fogs and 10oook in my heads, and I run them quite a bit. I have had my car for 6 years, and have never had a problem with running them both.

3. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Technically it's illegal to have your fog lights on if there's no reason to have them on, ie. fog, rain. Will you get pulled over for it? Most likely not. But, sometimes it looks really good. Like L2Q's car, yellow fogs with a white/blue headlight looks really good.

4. lancer2quick

Ha, you're one of the only people that know that besides a few of my friends from LA.

5. kraaZe

kraaZe Active Member

Pretty sick , yeah , i was just wondering because they look cool on and all .. But didn't know if there was a specific use besides for the fog and such . Would you know how much x000k they would run on the stock 8th gen ?

6. lancer2quick

I would think the stock halogen fog bulbs would be about the same as a 4500-5000k HID.....not too sure about that though

7. 1slowlance

Halogen bulbs are from 3000K-3300K.

8. lancer2quick

See...told ya I wasn't sure. Thanks HUNK...

9. 1slowlance

Lol. No problem, yo.

10. The Beav

The Beav Well-Known Member

i drive with them on. no problem yet... a cop (my future father-in-law) told me a driver can have up to 4 forword facing lights on at any given time, regardless of weather.

11. 1slowlance

Really? I've always read laws that said weather mattered. Weird. Maybe it varies by state.

12. kraaZe

kraaZe Active Member

HAHA ! I can never find those law stuff .. Where did you find yours ? Lol .