Custom Trunk

Discussion in 'Audio, Security and Electronics' started by MontrealGTS, Jul 21, 2007.

1. MontrealGTS

MontrealGTS Well-Known Member

Hey Guys,

Im a Car audio installer and do custom work. Unfourtunatly i am still waiting for the arrival of my car :( should be at the end of the month. Im going to be making a custom sub encloser to fit perfectly in the trunk and be every so clean looking. I was wondering if other people are interested and if so i will make a jig so i can easly remake it for everyone. As soon as i complete it i will update with pics but i just wanted to get an idea if people were interested or not. Let me know and i will keep everyone up to date on my progress.

Thanks

2. RedStar

RedStar Well-Known Member

I have always been a big fan of custom trunks. I am also interested in purchasing one once you have it done. Any idea of the price and if itll take up the whole trunk or whatnot?

Would it look somthing like this?

stereo2.jpg

3. MontrealGTS

Well it all depends really. I was going more for a clean look. Custom fiberglass encloser like that one are most of the time done right in the car.

[​IMG]

That is something along the lines im going for

I finsihed a custom job on a 5l mustang today ill get some pics up as soon as i can and youll see what im going for. If the demand is high enough for a fiberglass encloser i will make one. Price wise i dont know yet cause it depends on what the work is like for me to build it to fit the lancer as soon as im getting the car i will work on it asap.

4. RedStar

RedStar Well-Known Member

Ohh yeah and then ull see how much materials youll need and all that. Alrighty Cool thanks man! And yeah i guess that would be better so that we can still reach the spare tire lol. And i got some protect layin on top of the spare tire that i wouldnt be able to get out if the trunk was like that red 1 up top lol.

5. MontrealGTS

Fiber glass enclosers are nice for show cars but arent the best in everyday drives.

Right now i think im going to be putting in 4 12inch subs and 3 amps into my car and i will also make a version for everyone. Im also going to be needing the sub specs that are going into the car so i can make the sub encloser to spec so that it will sound its best. Also im am waiting for a reply to find out if the are any dash kits out yet for aftermarket radios.

6. Prophet

Prophet Well-Known Member

If you do start selling regularly it might be in your best interest to become a supporting vendor to help show your support to the forums and members. Contact me if you are interested.

7. chetman7

chetman7 Well-Known Member

that looks pretty good...depending on price. iwill def be interested

8. LancerGTS

LancerGTS Well-Known Member

sounds hott good luck with it!

9. JJS

JJS Member

I will be interest in the new custom box for the lancer 08. Keep me posted on the progress. :p

10. MontrealGTS

Well im expecting the car on t he 15th but i have a full custom job on a car on the 20th im hoping ill have time to finish by then

11. LancerGTS

LancerGTS Well-Known Member

keep us updated!

12. nanonyc

nanonyc Well-Known Member

interesting... I have a l7 like to put on... just one.... don want more bass than needed... let me know of price...

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Ok guys this where I get to step in. I have been doing this stuff for 21 years and I think every one deserves credit. However there are cpl myths on here or maybe 1. I dont remember cuz I didnt quote it. LOL1 Im an idiot! LOL!

Ok here are a cpl of trunk installs I have done over the years. I am big fan of the installs in the spare tire well cuz of it versatility, but i will build any thing.

DSC00846.jpg

sema2002014.jpg

2003IAS.show003.jpg

DSC00682.jpg

Now obviously some of this extreme, but fiberglass can be used on a daily basis. Fiberglass enclosures should be sound deadend on the inside to slow down the standing wave inside. Is it expensive. Yes by all means cuz there is a lot involved that most r not aware of. You get what you pay for in this industry.

14. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

Were you invovled in the Sony poweder blue (i think) mini cooper with the one seat in the middle?

15. Guest

Guest Guest

That would b Alpine and they r 1 of those confidential companies so lets just say :wink:

16. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

^gotcha

17. Prophet

That is some nice installs.... any build pictures?

18. Guest

Guest Guest

naw sorry. Not cuz Im a jerk -well ok maybe a little-lol! No but seriously I never share my know how. Only cuz its my bread and butter. Hope you understand, but I will help any 1 with the standards with no prob. The custom stuff is just so involved and the tw's(time wasters) start coming out of the wood work.

19. Prophet

FG I didn't relieaze was so secret.... not looking to steal you secrets or anything you would consider your bread and butter. I just like to see what kind of pride you take with building your installs. Most of my friends and builders I know take pride and have no problem showing off there work.

Me I like to use wood and haven't bothered doing any installs with FG.

[​IMG]

20. Guest

Guest Guest

wasnt try to upset you and I have a lot of pride in my work. So I dont know what FG stands for but ... oh well. I guess Im done here.