Couple CAI questions!

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by WhiteAfrikan, Dec 25, 2010.

1. WhiteAfrikan

WhiteAfrikan Active Member

So with the holidays I've generated a little cash and I have been looking at a Injen CAI for my 2010 Lancer GTS. First off where have you ordered from and where has the best price? Is the intake a direct fit or do you have to cut and modify existing parts? How much does the Intake limit you from driving in the rain? Can it handle rain or is that a major no? Thanks, and Happy Holidays!

2. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

You shouldn't have to modify any stock stuff to make it fit, and I've heard a few people say that as long as it's not torrential hurricane rains or super flooding you should be alright. I have an SRI, so I don't have to worry. Lol.

3. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

CAI's/SRI's are 100% bolt-on's. Nothing should be modified. CAI's are fine through rain. Just don't expect to drive through a 1 foot flood. You can purchase a hydro-shield for the CAI. Try checking out www.autocityimports.com

4. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

But, the hydro shield isn't going to protect it from ALL water. It's supposed to help out in preventing water getting in there, but who knows.

5. WhiteAfrikan

WhiteAfrikan Active Member

I had figured they would handle rain ok as long as it isnt crazy, Thanks Guys. Much appreciated