Clutch Issues!!! '09 Lancer GTS

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by The Beav, Jun 20, 2011.

1. The Beav

The Beav Well-Known Member

ok so once i got back from my honeymoon down to Florida. I have noticed a huge difference in my car! In all my gears other than first when I push on the gas my RPM's jump up almost like I'm in neutral. at first i figured i didn't get it fully into gear but for the past few weeks I now know I have it all the way in. I looked at my manual figuring that maybe the fluid was low but I read that it uses the break fluid which if fine... any clue? I'm going to be taking it to a local dealership next Tuesday. I really hope they don't give my some bullshit!

2. Ronin

Ronin Well-Known Member

Thats scary bro! hope its ok. post an update when u find out.

3. The Beav

The Beav Well-Known Member

if it's not one thing it's another :(

4. slickdevil08

slickdevil08 Well-Known Member

i have only driven one mitsu clutch in my life and it felt no diffrent then any other clutch and if i am correct that means that you have the same general clutch that i have in my si. its a hydrolic clutch that relys on the brake fluid which is what you have stated. in a hydrolic clutch there is a small band in the clutch and i am having my dealership look at mine as well. cuz after 23k miles on the car i am having the same problem.