Christmas Road Rage Anyone??

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by lancer2quick, Dec 25, 2011.

1. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Well, it finally happened. After eight years of care, maintenance, avoiding random suicidal animals on the road, and no accidents...it happened. Today. Christmas Day.

Long story short, guy kept brake checking me after he ran a stop sign and cut me off. I had my wife and boys in the car, so I was like "yeah...whatever." Next stop sign comes up, and he slams on the brakes. I gots great brakes....no biggie.He proceeds to sit at the sign with no traffic in sight for upwards of 30 seconds. After a polite " honk", guy starts moving....only to stop in the middle of the damn intersection. After not moving for about 15 seconds, I decide to just go around. After COMPLETELY passing him, but still in oncoming lane, he speeds up and sideswipes me. He then slows...as do I...and as I'm getting back into the right lane, he RAMS ME!!

I stop and as I open the door, I hear him spinning tires in reverse....then hauls ass past me. After I check on the wife and kiddos, I call the police.....as he shows back up about 1/8 mile down the road facing me. Police and EMS come...basic BS.

Here is the damage to the R/A that has been babied all her life.....and I will take some daytime pics just to show the extent of it all. From what I could tell at night...its rear passenger door, quarter panel, wheel, rear bumper, tails....all with internal support damage. I popped the trunk when I got home to get the shit out....and it wont close now.

So...How was your Christmas? Lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. lancer2quick

Well, Its worse than I said before. I went out to smoke and look at it again.....Here is what I saw when I went underneath it...
    1. Trunk floor (not trunk pan) is separated from the frame on the right side. (broke the welds)
    2. Bent right framerail in the rear.
    3. Broken crash bar mount and the bolts that hold it.
    4. Right rear wheel has significant negative camber AND toe-in. (UCA or bent hub assembly)
    5. Tail light mounts are broken and being held in by ONE pressure pin

Fuck

3. blueking_4

blueking_4 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear this happened dude, at least you and your family are alright and I hope that guy gets what's coming to him.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

4. lancer2quick

Thanks man....and yeah, that guy....I don't even feel like talking about him. I guess Santa didn't give him what he wanted for Christmas.

5. 03 ES GUY

03 ES GUY Well-Known Member

I'm glad your okay man. But that guy deserves to be charged with a hit and run. I'm livid right now hearing about that. If that was me I'd be smashing that guys face in for terrorizing my family

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

6. Helix

Helix Wants Recaros

My sister and I almost had an incident tonight when a raised truck was riding less than a foot from our back, going 60 mph. Some fucking people, dude. Glad you and the family are all good, but that all damage really sucks. I hope he ends up paying for the entire thing and finds himself in jail for a good while.

7. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Stupid people. Good to know that everyone is alright, and that's what's the most important. I just don't understand the stupid things people do.

8. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

It may not be totaled. It's most likely on the verge just like mine is. Although, that damage to the trunk pan and the crash bar mounts seem as if they will total is. Your car is still worth $6k-$8k. Its all rear end damage which is easier to fix than front end damage. but your possibly right considering the frame damage.

Ppl are pure assholes during holiday season. Thats why I try to stay inside during the night. Let me know if you want me to punish the guy. I know ways of hurting someone physically without me touching them.

9. 1slowlance

Does it involve large blunt objects?

10. bakwoods

bakwoods Guest

Nope, it usually involves having me go over there and I'll go fubar on his ass. In Soviet Russia...Waldo finds YOU.

11. lancer2quick

Bahahahaha

12. lancer2quick

Well, insurance looked at the car yesterday....and pissed me off. After he took some pictures, he cut me a check to get the car fixed.......for 1300 bucks. That's barely 1/3 of what its going to cost to fix her. As he handed me the check, I laughed at him and said "I'll be calling you for more." His reply? "Well, it can't be much more than that." Great.

Then I went to pick up the accident report from PD....which I had to pay 10 bucks for. (No idea why they charge for a report) Upon reading it, the officer never mentioned the other guy leaving the scene, left out half of what I said, and the things that were in the report are wrong. When I tried calling PD about having the report amended with the whole story, I was shrugged off and told that "Our officers are trained to record all information. If you feel there is missing information, you must not have told the officer."

another....FUCk

13. 03 ES GUY

03 ES GUY Well-Known Member

That's fucked

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

14. blueking_4

blueking_4 Well-Known Member

Dude...that really sucks. Just goes to show that there are still people out there getting paid for doing a half-assed job.

15. 1slowlance

This is what makes me not want to respect police officers all that much. It sucks, but there are some that just don't do their job. I usually try to, but you can always tell which ones are just going through the motions and just don't really care.

16. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

Damn dude... this stuff sucks. Stupid people in the world prevent the rest of us from having nice things that we care about.

17. slickdevil08

slickdevil08 Well-Known Member

glad to hear the wife and you and the kiddos are ok thats the main point of concern cars will come and go and thats why u write his license plate down and next time you see him you open ur sunroof and through quaters out of it and hell think its halling lol