Carpet Related Question

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by DaJMan, Apr 18, 2011.

1. DaJMan

DaJMan Member

So long story short, I accidently left my rear window open and it stormed here. Needless to say I have a nice puddle in the back seat of my car. I have shop-vac'd what water I can. It's not hot enough here for it to dry out on its own fast enough and I am worried about mold. So my question is, any ideas for how to get the rest of the dampness out to avoid mold build-up under the carpet?

2. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

Take out the seats and the middle consol. then remove the carpet. Then vacuum it with a house vacuum. Thats what I did. Im getting ready to do it again for its yearly 100% cleaning. I do this for my car to keep it nice sometimes. Oh yea...i also shampood it too. Your seats on the other hand. You are going to have to leave out for a long time.

3. DaJMan

DaJMan Member

Thanks so much for the rapid response. Is the carpet not glued down in any way?

4. Jogenmaru

shouldnt be. What year is it?

5. DaJMan

DaJMan Member

6. Jogenmaru

yea they shouldnt be

7. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Yeah, I do the same thing as hunk...I take the seats, console, and carpet once a year for a good cleaning. The only thing that irritates me is the insulation under the carpet....it comes apart pretty easily.

8. Jogenmaru

There was a metal piece under my drivers side that was metal. To prevent me touching the floor after I have rubbed through the carpet.

9. DaJMan

DaJMan Member

Thanks for the feedback guys. I took one seat out and shop vac'd underneath the carpet. Seems to have helped alot, only sad thing is that it still freezes here at night, so I will probably have to periodically redo the process until it warms up.

10. Jogenmaru

If you do remove the whole carpet out from inside the vehicle and put it in your garage you will have to take the lower portion of the back seat out as well. You also have 3 sensors for each seat so make sure before you take the drivers side out you unclip those because they will break and cost a fortune to fix.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk