carbon fiber hoods

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Customization' started by jacob1bc, Apr 10, 2010.

1. jacob1bc

jacob1bc Well-Known Member

this is going to sound like a noob question but i really dont know. on next years income tax refund. i will be buying a evo x/ralliart style hood. now my questions is do they come with the scoops and the OEM hood as a optional insulators, do i need then? im worried that the rain will hurt something eletrical. i have spliced some of the wires for the piggyback and my grill lights. i will be painting the hood as well, is there any thing i need to know? Do i need hood pins? now i know there is some people on here that have the hood already, you guys dont mind can you take a pic of the underside of the hood? was there any problem with the install or after install? i really just trying to learn everything i can about it before i buy it and anything i need to buy before i get the hood. it might sound like noob questions but if you dont know, you just dont know. the only way to learn about it is to ask. thanks so much for any help.

2. jacob1bc

jacob1bc Well-Known Member

3. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

I dont have the CF, but I've heard that it is "recommended" that you get the pins. As for the electrical stuff, I've always thought the same thing...and I would get the shield just on the safe side. I guess someone that has one wold answe your q's better...lol

4. dudejman05

dudejman05 Guest

rain wont hurt anything going in the vents and scoops on the oem hood. or else all evo x's would be messed up. hood pins, if you dont plan on taking your car to a track, you shouldnt worry about them. many many many people have cf hoods and no pins with no problems. i dont know what youre asking about the oem hood as an insulator... if you mean the heat shields underneath the hood? theres evo x owners that have removed the shield with zero problems. its just really helps direct air the firewall where the turbo is.

I plan on buying the cf Varis Evo X hood eventually. You should have no problems whatsoever with an evo x hood.
    Good luck! 8)

5. chetman7

chetman7 Well-Known Member

i run an oem evo x hood with no insulator. i've driven in some bad rain and have not have a porblem. the way the vents angle helps avoid the rain from hitting anything important