car audio

Discussion in 'Audio, Security and Electronics' started by stephjohnalvarez, Jan 2, 2009.

1. stephjohnalvarez

stephjohnalvarez New Member

so i have a 09 es sport i am considering putting in a system im pretty well set on a kicker system with a cvx12 and a zx750.1 deck is still undecided and im leaving the factory speakers in what i would like to know is who has systems what you have and how does it sound im going for space conservation but im also going for sound quality and im pretty confident with the kicker sound but i want to know if there is something that is known to be better also how do systems sound in the lancer overall thanks guys eager to hear from you

2. SoflaGTS

SoflaGTS Well-Known Member

if you wan cleaner bass
    i would not go for kicker
    kicker is just loud
    no real perfect clarity and it doesnt hit all the frequencies
    i had kicker
    then i got m rockford P3's
    much better and they kit every note

3. stephjohnalvarez

stephjohnalvarez New Member

hey in response you need to be more specific as there are a large variety of kicker subs and amps and results that you will get so please dont dis kicker just off of one system as i am very cultured with car audio and know for a fact that kicker is very hi quality and sounds great but i havent had any expierience with a trunk as i have always had systems in a hatch back or an suv

4. Prophet

Prophet Well-Known Member

Can't be more specific since your question is asking for a general answer on opinions...

I don't have an opinion on Kicker since most of my buddies run there L7's and there pretty sloppy and not IMO used for sound quality but more for SPL...

Sounds like you have your heart set on Kicker... only suggestion I would have is change out the factory speakers and go with a nice set of componets if you want a nice sound. Now if you want to get loud then I suggest going with another more powerful set up if you are used to hatches and SUV's because you are going to have a hard time producing that kind of base in a sealed trunk...

5. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

I agree with Prophet. In todays market its so hard to rate one brand better than another. Each will have its pro/cons. If you were to ask 10 people of their top 5 brands that they have had experience with, they would all be different. I have my preferences too. I don't like Kicker and I hate Rockford Fosgay....

6. SoflaGTS

i have had experience with all model kickers
    and they have never impressed me

7. westcoast

westcoast Well-Known Member

BOSTON 12' G5 FTW!!! kicker < fosgate

8. Saiko44

Saiko44 Member

I been thinking in change my doors speakers....how about alpine? I had pioneer and kenwood in other car....not bad
    what do you guys think.

9. SoflaGTS

alpin are great
    if you want good overall sound in highs mid and lows from your doors try out Polk
    if u want highs and mids check out kicker door speakers
    wants the highest quality stick with JL audio (personal Favorite) and Boston Acoustics

10. Saiko44

Saiko44 Member

Thanks for the info.....another question....what's the difference in sound...with the component and coaxial speakers?