Can ANYONE help?

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by hyperlite662, Jun 28, 2011.

1. hyperlite662

hyperlite662 Well-Known Member

ok, i want to install a radar defector in my car and want to conceal the wire.
    i dont have that auto rain detector or we. BUT theres a cover for future install i think. i felt it, and it wiggles a littel lol.

does anyone know how to pop this out?
    if so ill do a DIY for an install after.
    thanks

its located in the middle of the 2 air vents on the dash.

[​IMG]

2. y2ray7697

y2ray7697 Well-Known Member

I would ASSUME you could stick a small screwdriver in there to pop it out, but be careful! If that doesn't work, the whole dash would have to come apart...YIKES! Sorry that I don't know the potentially RIGHT answer...but I would try with a small flathead first!

3. hyperlite662

OK, well that piece pops off very easy but its hard to snake down a wire. if anyone knows what way to push it let me know. i just cant find the other end of it. :/

4. y2ray7697

hmmm...maybe if you take the glovebox out you might be able to see it coming down? Just a thought. Let me know!

5. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

+1 I have taken out the glove box on just about everything I have run through the dash....helps a lot.

6. hyperlite662

how you take it out? an DIY? or pics?

7. hyperlite662

got it out but still no luck. just cant find other end. idk. might have to take out radio? you know how to pop that out? lol

8. y2ray7697

that one I can't help with, sorry....anyone else wanna help here????

9. slickdevil08

slickdevil08 Well-Known Member

10. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

i'd say wire it through the vents down to where you want it

11. hyperlite662

the only way of doing it possibly is by removing the radio like slick showed in the video. but i got a question? do the radar still do its job if its located in the top left corner? i see it all the time when i was looking but don know if it being there affects the quality of it picking up radar?

12. slickdevil08

slickdevil08 Well-Known Member

this all depends on the kind of radar u are using. look up the diffrence of the technology you have and see where that gets ya.
    shouldnt effect by to much tho so i would say u would be fine

13. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

My friend works for best buy and had them run the wire for his, and they ran it up through the headliner, and the radar detector is up at the right hand corner where the visor is.

14. hyperlite662

yea thats where i might put mine. hows it work? well or? eh