Calling all headers???

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by lancertrips, Dec 16, 2008.

1. lancertrips

lancertrips Well-Known Member

Only available header I've seen for the Lancer is from RRM, been searching on the net and I can't find any other company out there making headers for our lil mean lookin 4 banger. I was interested in getting a 4-2-1 or 4-1 header not the tri-y RRM is selling, anybody?

2. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

RRM only as of right now...

3. lancertrips

I do anticipate more companies manufacturing performance products for the lastest generation lancers. There is a high demand for performance in this market place, we'll soon have more brands and products to select from.

4. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

Since the RA came out, the base lancers will be on the bottom of the pile, performance parts wise.

5. lancertrips

:( RA's and Evo's are too expensive here in Puerto Rico, RA are being sold at 35 grand and Evo's for 43 grand. We don't have to pay increased insurance costs but they kill us on pricing.

6. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

Wow, yall dont pay an increase on insurance for a performance car thats worth more? There has to be some increase I think, otherwise thats awesome. 35 grand for an RA is rediculous, is that the fully loaded one, I can see paying 43 grand for a fully loaded Evo if I was gonna be one of the few people to own one.

7. lancertrips

Nop, we just pay a standard rate of about 200 a year. I'm waiting to get a promotion at work down the road I'll trade in my DE for an Evo as soon as I do.

8. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

Wow.......... thats nice, wouldnt want to know how much that actually covers in an accident thought lol. Yeah the Evo is the way to go. But here since Im 20 my monthly insurance bill would probably almost be what I pay for my Lancer monthly lol. I want one but I am trying to save so that I can back to school so maybe when I graduate I will get all the cars I ever wanted lol.

9. cRc22

cRc22 Member

wait a month or two and i know another company will have a header for sale.. dunno what design they went with though forgot to ask him.. ima email him back lol

10. lancertrips

great keep us informed :wink:

11. mpirklbauer

mpirklbauer Well-Known Member

any news from other headers??

12. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

Now that SEMA is over, we should see a few more products out. But I have a feeling a lot will only be offered from overseas manufactures.

13. mpirklbauer

are you kidding us??

if you mean with oversea europe, you were wrong.
    We haven´t any mods for the lancer :twisted: :twisted:

from japan i´ll get the info in a few days, because they are on holiday.

I will tell you, if I get any news.

14. SeRious08

Yes Japan.

I already have emails from ARC about products they have for the Lancer.

15. mpirklbauer

and what do they have??

I´ve a quick question.

on the RRM homepage by the axle-back exhaust, I can choose between ES, DE, Ralliart and GTS.
    The difference between the GTS/Ralliart to the others is clear, but what is the difference from ES to DE?

16. BrianRRM

BrianRRM Well-Known Member

the GTS, ES, DE all use the same axle back exhaust, when you order specify what car u have and we will MAKE SURE that you get the correct part for your car....

17. SeRious08

Body Kits (fiberglass or carbon fiber)
    Strut Bars
    Carbon Fiber mirrors
    Overflow tanks
    and some other stuff I can't remember. I'll have to find the email. I just remember the mirrors being $600 U.S dollars 8O

18. cRc22

cRc22 Member

do they have a hood that doesnt resemble the evox?

19. SeRious08

Not that I have seen, but on the other hand it has been 6 months.