cabin air filter

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by sk13322, Mar 29, 2011.

1. sk13322

sk13322 Well-Known Member

do all lancer come with a cabin air filter from the factory ? i have a 2011 sportback. thanks

2. bakwoods

bakwoods Guest

Have to...otherwise you're breathing in "dirty air." Granted these filters will clean out dust and crap like that, I've found that changing them every few months is absolutely necessary. I rode around with an old one for too long and it soon started to smell like a bag of dead feet.

Easy to remove though :)

Open the glove box, compress both sides of it so that the plastic stoppers don't hold it in place, and from there it's a little plastic cover. Remove that and pull the filter out. I'd recommend checking it out at least once a month. I've found nuts in mine...quite literally acorns in my airbox. That's probably why my blower motor went out before I bought the car. Previous owner was a numbskull who modded the car, but didn't know squat about routine maintenance....I almost want to drop kick him in the face for that.

3. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

All lancers from 2005 and up come with cabin air filters.

4. bakwoods

bakwoods Guest

So wait...Lancers pre-05 came without cabin filters? That's weird...

5. Jogenmaru

Im not too sure what the exact year is but I know the 02-03 lancer didn't have it and the 03-04 evo did not have it. But we can easily install one. We just have to cut the plastic insert where it belongs and install one.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

6. sk13322

ok thanks guys, do u know how much they run for? i want the oder and clean air kind i was told they made two one for just clean air and another for clean air and oder. and big lol about the nuts and kicking him in the face lol

7. Jogenmaru

The normal air filter is on ebay for less than $15. I haven't come across any with a fragrance. Id like one though

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

8. shieldwolf342

shieldwolf342 Well-Known Member

Just jam an air Freshener in there

9. Jogenmaru

LOL. I did. Got me a strawberry one. I need one that last a long time though. I might get another CSx3 or something. I might do the crystal scent this time. Squash was a sweet smell at first and then it changed.

10. raceshark

raceshark Member

Fragrance would be awesome

11. bakwoods

bakwoods Guest

Duh! Joegenmaru...what did I tell you about jamming fresh vegetables into the cabin filter? Something about NOT doing it? That's why.

12. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

^^HA...and My R/A has the OEM cabin filter, and I put one of my squash refills in the fins every 2-3 months...works great...

13. sk13322

by oder i just meant it stop bad oder from making the car smell, not add a good smell lol. you guys stick air fresheners in the carbin filter???

14. Jogenmaru

yeap...for that awesome blast of sweetness when the a/c cuts on. but then it get dirty cuz there is no filter before it. so I have one on top the filter and one under my seat.