Cabin Air Filter install for 02-03 lancers

Discussion in 'DIY' started by Jogenmaru, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

2. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

You have to be a member on Evom to see the pictures. I'm no member. imad.

3. shieldwolf342

shieldwolf342 Well-Known Member

STEP BY STEP WITH PICTURES ////TAKEN FROM EVOLUTIONM.NET\\\\

-Remove the glove box and locate the blower box. '03 models were not equipped with cabin air filters and there is a panel that can be cut inorder to fit a cabin filter. If your car already has filter in place you can simply replace it if neccessary.
    [​IMG]

-Simply follow the groove of the panel to be removed for the filter with a X-Acto blade.
    [​IMG]

-Remove the panel.
    [​IMG]

-Clean any dirt or dust in the blower housing and insert the cabin air filter.
    [​IMG]

-Secure the cabin filter with 2 tapping screws.
    [​IMG]

Additional Images of the filter.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. The Beav

The Beav Well-Known Member

this is a lot easier in my '09 great how to!

5. 1slowlance

O wow. I might actually think about doing this. Seems relatively straight forward.

6. Jogenmaru

thanks shieldwolf for putting up the pictures with instructions. I was waaaay too lazy to do so. Didn't know you had to be a member or evom to see those pictures. I know next time. And HUNK it is pretty simple. Im waitin to get my filter so I can do the install now.

7. 1slowlance

Where did you order the filter from? And, after you put the filter in, you just put the glove box back correct? The filter acts like the black piece that was cut off, if I'm understanding it right. Except there's a filter there instead. Lol.

8. Jogenmaru

here. http://www.mitsubishiparts.net/cart/?pn=mn185231

Its a bit expensive. Im sure you can just find some random filtering material from lowes or home depot and cut and use that.

And yes. the filter will completely cover the black piece you cut out so there wont be any kind of leak. Think of it this way. If our car didnt have a radio/cd player int he spot where it was supposed to be and had all the wiring and no cut out you would just buy the radio and plug it in. It's just a plug and play feature that we never got. for some odd reason. :idea:

9. Jogenmaru

10. Jogenmaru

So I finally installed the cabin filter and it made a big difference. I got a headache at first since it was new and needed to loose that new smell. But after a while it changes. After a day or so of running a/c. I bought a air fresher and put it on top of the filter. Worked for a day and the smell was gone. So keep it in the cabin. But I also bought those cheap tree air freshners as well. So yea. I'm going to buy the squash air freshner and see how long that last.

here
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CS-X...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I also got my spare cabin air filter from here. I wasn't spending another $45 on it.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  11. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

i get my squash from www.getsquash.com The vent clips are 8 bucks, and the Venito things are 12 or 13 i think....