Bluetooth?

Discussion in 'Audio, Security and Electronics' started by spentplsr711, Aug 13, 2009.

1. spentplsr711

spentplsr711 Member

Ok I have owend my Lancer for a little over a week now and I nor the dealer can help me get the bluetooth to work. So my question is was there any extra parts you had to get for it to work?? I have read the owners manual and tryed what it sayed but cant figure it out. If someone could help me that would be GREAT!!!!

2. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong.. but I don't think the ES's come with bluetooth.

You can go to MitsubishiParts.net and order a kit for $212 if you don't have it. Not sure on the install or anything because I don't have bluetooth either.. I don't think.

http://www.mitsubishiparts.net/catalog/?section=565

That's the link. Should be about 3/4 way down the page.

3. spentplsr711

spentplsr711 Member

As far as i know the ES dont but mine had the bluetooth, and the gts ground effects, and rallyart wing on it why i bought it new.

4. Mpitera

Mpitera Well-Known Member

You could have the controls on your car but not the actual Blutooth unit. Like in my car, GTS, I have the controls for the multi disk CD changer but I only have single disk capabilities. That had me guess for a while lol

5. spentplsr711

spentplsr711 Member

I guess thats what I have then. It would have been nice to use it.

6. lordtygr

lordtygr Well-Known Member

is it listed on the sticker or any other paperwork from the dealer?? if it is then you should have it and i would march it right back to the dealer and make them fix it. My guess is that the ES doesn't normally come with the bluetooth, but the dealer installs it after delivery as part of their "dealership prep" so they can either charge more for the car, or to make it more lucrative to customers to keep them from buying the same car at the same price from another dealer up the road. i'm not 100% sure, but i beleive you should only have the controls if you have the full set-up. since i think the install kit comes with the controlls. I'm guessing some "expert automotive tech" at the dealer incorrectly installed the kit during dealer prep.

7. spentplsr711

spentplsr711 Member

Yea it says on the window sticker that it has bluetooth. It has the controls on the steering wheel. I asked them at the dealership and no one there knows how the system works. I think the problem is that where I bought my car from its a Acrua, Hyundai and Mitsubishi and the Mits is the only one that dont have its own service dept. So basicly I take my car to Hyundai for service. Maybe I should as another dealership.

8. dudejman05

dudejman05 Guest

so it doesnt turn on when you press the button on the steering wheel or what? because you gotta enable it on your phone, then synch it with the car.

9. spentplsr711

spentplsr711 Member

My phone when put on bluetooth dosent see the car. It says there is nothing to connect to. I read the owners manual and that didnt help me to get it to work. Hell is someone knows how to make it work and it willin to give me a hand that would be great. I would really like to use it. I have to go to the dealership friday so I going to ask about it again.

10. chetman7

chetman7 Well-Known Member

where in jersey are u?? I know the system pretty well

11. spentplsr711

spentplsr711 Member

Iam 5mins from Delaware memorial bridge.

12. papi2dmamis

papi2dmamis Well-Known Member

I own a Lancer ES and I'm sorry to tell you but our cars only come with the push bottoms but not he unit itself, that is a dealer extra like fog lights or sideskirts. :drunken: :drunken:

13. spentplsr711

spentplsr711 Member

Well that suxs. They told me that there is nothing needed for it to work. Guess they dont know what there talkin about.

14. lordtygr

lordtygr Well-Known Member

I still say that if it is listed as being installed on your window sticker, they need to do whatever they have to to make it work for you. otherwise your goto the BBB, your state business commision, and possibly even small claims court.

15. Mpitera

Mpitera Well-Known Member

umm...i'd check to make sure its not listed under aviabled options because my car's sticker listed a multi-disk cd play and has the buttons on the radio do change the disk's but its only a single disk. They use the same face plate (for the raidio) for the mulit-disk as the single disk. The sticker saids mulit disk but the option was never selected so it wasn't installed(not that I can I use my IPod and the AUX port :) ) This could be the same thing as your car and the Bluetooth.

16. ThE_BaRbEr

ThE_BaRbEr Well-Known Member

Some ES's do come with it cuz i have an ES and i have the bluetooth and i use it all the time. im alittle confused with your explanation, does the bluetooth turn on at all when you press the button on the steering wheel?

17. spentplsr711

spentplsr711 Member

When I press the button nothing happens. I asked the dealer today because the c piller trim is falling off the car. It dont stay up. So he said that he would inquire about the bluetooth because no one there knows how to work the system. I dont get how no one there knows how to work the system. When I bought my lancer there was 5 others and 2 evo's there, and today all they have left is 1 lancer and 1 evo. So they sell them like hotcakes so they should know how it works. Yea so back to the bluetooth I press the button nothing happens. I turn on the bluetooth on my phone and try and look for devices and my phone dont find anything. This suxs. Oh well I will figure it out sooner or later.

18. spentplsr711

spentplsr711 Member

so i got a call from the dealer and they told me it comes with the controls, but the computer for it i have to buy and add on. that suxs. oh well thats life. thanks for everyones input

19. ThE_BaRbEr

ThE_BaRbEr Well-Known Member

That hella sucks man, didnt you say that on the window sticker it says equipped w/bluetooth? you should show that to them and make them give it to you cuz it was advertised as included. cuz im pretty sure the sticker didnt say "equipped w/bluetooth controls only". thats bull.

20. spentplsr711

spentplsr711 Member

Well in () it said (may require additonal parts). I dont talk and drive anyways so its all good