base audio amp or no amp

Discussion in 'Audio, Security and Electronics' started by prcdslnc13, Dec 11, 2007.

1. prcdslnc13

prcdslnc13 Well-Known Member

Ill probably be getting my car this weekend and I got a GTS with the base audio package, the 140w one I think. Im wondering if this stereo comes amplified or not, and if it does where the amp is located. We are planning on doing a high low converter since im not paying 350 for the navi kit. Thanks guys

2. eg6motion

eg6motion Well-Known Member

The base unit has no amp.

3. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

You are getting the 6 speaker set-up then. The one with the tweeter pods on the door right? If thats the case then yes it amplified. Amp is under the drivers seat.

4. prcdslnc13

yup six speaker setup. that sucks that its amplified but oh well just a little hurdle compared to other things. Thanks for the info

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Its BASS. not base. your not playing baseball. LOL! sorry had to do it.

6. prcdslnc13

no i meant like the bottom line audio offered with the GTS. ya know the one without the BASS lol

7. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

Technically, everything that you here through a transducer as in headphone, speakers, subs etc.. all of them are amplified in some way... now like mentioned above, if you have the 6 speacker one, your amp would be under he drivers seat.. now dont expect to see something similar to a kicker or mtx amp.. its a factory style amp...

if you want BASS (haha) your best shot is hi-lo converter and aftermarket amps, cap and wiring kit....

KRU is tha man you wanna ask advice...

8. prcdslnc13

yea I know that but you have your normal stereos that are amplified off of your HU and then the higher end ones that are ran off of a factory amp. We are planning to go with a PAC High low converter and then a four channel and a mono sub amp. Ive been doing installs for quite a while now but I havent gotten my car yet so I wanted to be ready.

BTW KRU your installs are quite frankly the shit. I may be contacting you and bouncing ideas off you since you have the car too.

9. eg6motion

eg6motion Well-Known Member

Where under the seat? the base GTS has tweater pods in the doors as well but is not an amplified system, only the rockford fosgate package was according to the dealer.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

i have the 6 speaker BASE system in mine and I am tearing into it right after Christmas. Got my iTOUCH to mold in and the 2 Audio Control pieces that digitally convert the stock signal into a balance 4volt out put.
    Any ways- your PAC hi-lo should work just fine. Also get the DEI muted remote wire module. They are really cheap and work really well to keep your system from making that loud turn on/off sound when turning on and off your ignition.

11. Conduct

Conduct Well-Known Member

I remember you talking about molding your iTouch into your dash KRU, I want pictures of that :p

12. Guest

Guest Guest

^ yeah I still am.

13. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure there is an amp under there. I might be wrong, which wouldn't be the first lol.