Bad news...GOOD NEWS

Discussion in 'East and Northeast Coast Owners Forum' started by y2ray7697, Apr 1, 2011.

1. y2ray7697

y2ray7697 Well-Known Member

Hey everyone. I know I haven't been on here in a long time, but I wanted to let you all knwo that the GTS is still going strong! I've had great times with it and it pains me to say this but...I'm trading her in. She's given me 4 great years and I really love the car but it's time to move on...

TO A 2009 LANCER RALLIART!!!!

My friends at the dealership tracked one down for me and it just got here yesterday. Everything is set and I'll be picking her up on Monday! Rotor glow with 18,000 miles on her. Short ram intake, intercooler piping redone, and SSQ BOV already installed. The previous owner also installed a fan on a switch that cools the turbo down as well while driving. I took her for a test drive and I gotta say, the twin clutch tranny is gonna take some getting used to since it drives almost just like a manual without an actual clutch pedal.

Needless to say I'm VERY excited about this change, and I'll keep you all posted on updates as well. It's nice to get back to my EVO roots by getting another turbo lancer!

2. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

Welcome back. Hope you get that ralliart!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

3. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Sweet, man. Congrats.

4. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

sounds like a good switch to me, congrads bro

5. The Beav

The Beav Well-Known Member

This is freaking great news!!! Congratulations!!! Have fun! Pictures!!!!

Sent from my Droid

6. y2ray7697

MORE BAD NEWS!!!

Everything was going great, the loan was all set, the insurance company was ready to switch me over, all I had to do was sign things over and be done. They had searched for a Ralliart for me, for over a month, and they were ready to get me in this one...but it seems that a problem I noticed and told them about when I test drove it was more than just a tuning issue!

I noticed at idle it seemed to be running lean...it idle weird, going from about 900 to 600 then back up above 1000 and back down, and it kept going like that, as though it was gonna stall. I figured it was just a tuning issue because of the intake that was put on it and I told them about it, they said they'll reflash it all free of charge and have it all setup for me like new. When they got it in for their inspection process, they found A LOW-END KNOCK, which was the cause of worn bearings and a worn piston!!! They refused to sell it to me since it would eventually cause me a lot of problems! So, it's going back to the auction-dealer they bought it from and they're hunting once again! So, hopefully within a month I should have my hands on one!

I guess it's better they found it NOW rather than cause me trouble later.

7. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Damn, man. At least they found the knocking rod before they sold it to you.

8. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

shit, that sucks, good thing they treated you well, they couldve really pooped on you

9. Sinestra

Sinestra Well-Known Member

at least you found out before you signed the paperwork man. They will find you another one.

10. The Beav

The Beav Well-Known Member

Good thing their not a Stealership they could of sold it to you and made bank by fixing it later. Good thing their honest! Good luck finding another I know you'll get one sooner or later lets hope sooner!

Sent from my Droid

11. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

Damn dude that sucks but that's one in a million good dealer!

12. y2ray7697

In case everyone missed my other post...i got my RALLIART! 2010 Sportback!! 10,000 miles on it. It was a Mitsu reps car for 6 months so I know it wasn't beat to hell! The real kicker is I'm actually paying LESS for this car than my GTS!

[​IMG]