Ayount08's 2002 OZ Rally progress Report

Discussion in 'Members Progress Reports' started by ayount08, Feb 23, 2011.

1. ayount08

ayount08 Well-Known Member

Building my progress report. I got some pics on my camera but my slot on my computer isn't working for the SD card so tomorrow I'm getting and adapter at best buy. But anyhow, I got the Lancer last year in March and it had the original OZ wheels on it that were ghettoed out so I got some new Drag wheels. I also upgraded the stereo to a 600 watt polk amp with 2 polk dual coil 12"s. Will upgrade the amp sometime but I am focused on performance mainly now. I also blacked the tail lights out, rather than replacing. The previous owner did the paint, put on a muffler (no clue what kind, soon to be replaced tho) and put an Evo VIII wing on it. They also covered the car in decals, so I took a few off.... okay no I took like 6 off haha. Tomorrow I'm ordering a generic CAI, no need to go name brand when you get no increased performance with a CAI IMHO. Will order a catback exhaust sometime in the next couple months also. So once I get some pics loaded, tell me what you think and give me any suggestions you may have.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2011
  2. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

Doesnt your camera have a usb cable you can just plug into the computer?

3. ayount08

Nah. :p lol it won't let me post pics anyways cuz I'm not ranked high enough I guess.

4. ayount08

CAI on the way

Tapatalk oh yes

5. ayount08

Got the CAI in, now just waiting for Saturday to install it.

Tapatalk oh yes

6. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Saturday came and went, how'd it go? Lol. Any pics?

7. ayount08

Biggest pain in the ass ever to install. They sent me the wrong pipe so it wouldn't fit in my car. Instead of sending it back I just made it a ram air intake haha. I'll get some pics up pretty quick here

Tapatalk oh yes

8. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

that mustve been pretty disapointing

9. Jogenmaru

Lets get some pics already! The wait is excrutiating. Oh yea, is your roof blacked out? Thats what it looks like in your avatar.

10. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

I agree, it does appear that way. Maybe it's just because of the two-tone paint job.

11. ayount08

Uploading some right now :D

12. ayount08

[​IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

And there y'all go :D

13. ayount08

Grrrrr its not showing them

14. ayount08

15. ayount08

16. ayount08

There we go :) these should hold y'all over til I can get some that are good. And after I wash it.

17. Jogenmaru

Like the wheels. like the discs. like the car overall...just dont like the need for a drop. LOL

18. ayount08

I know. Lol. I need to drop it but I'm tight on funds cuz I just spent like $1200 on repairs cuz my tranny crapped out thursday.

19. ayount08

Hey guys. I was thinking about doing an engine rebuild and replacing some of the internals. Any suggestions on what to replace? And how much it might be and whether I should do it myself or go to a tuner?

Tapatalk oh yes

20. shieldwolf342

shieldwolf342 Well-Known Member

it can be done yourself but unless your good with cars I'd take it to a tuner but thats just me. Im comfortable just about doing almost anything but i wont touch the engine its just a mental thing for me i think.

btw what rims are those