AWD and all disk brakes 02 OZ rally

Discussion in '7G Lancer and older - Suspension' started by powerofrah, Oct 5, 2009.

1. powerofrah

powerofrah New Member

wanted to know if it would be possible to make an 02 OZ rally AWD and replace the rear drum brakes for disks. would it be as simple as just taking them off from an EVO VIII and installing them? Thanks for the help

2. dao.style

dao.style Well-Known Member

AWD conversion will take some work, won't be a cup of tea
    but disk brake conversion shouldn't be too hard

3. yoshilancer

yoshilancer Well-Known Member

+1 on that...

4. powerofrah

powerofrah New Member

thanks. I was hopping someone could give a detailed explaination on how/what I would need to do.

5. xXBrutalXx

xXBrutalXx Well-Known Member

no offense but it sounds like it would cost more than the car is worth. Not too up on AWD in cars but you would prolly need a Front Diff, Center Diff, Front suspension and or Axles. not sure if you would need some sort of Transfer Case for the tranny. you could find a wrecked EVO, but if an EVO was junked from being wrecked chances are some of that stuff is damaged anyway. also not too sure if this holds true for the older style EVO's but the new ones are shorter and wider than the new Lancers. Then your getting into custom made parts and having to replace most if not all of the drivetrain.

6. ThunderOZ

ThunderOZ Well-Known Member

I've seen it done, but is extremely expensive. The awd swap would include changing over the motor, trans, differentials, and basically fabing up the entire rear half of the car.

7. CS7A-7G

CS7A-7G Well-Known Member

awd can be done like thunderoz said but youll need $$$ and patients.. trial and error..... to see what works