Audio systems

Discussion in 'Audio, Security and Electronics' started by Roche_173, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Roche_173

Roche_173 New Member

Okay, this may be a set of stupid questions but it is still one I am going to ask. I have a 2008 Lancer DE and i am wanting to put a Pioneer AVIC-F90BT navigation system in it. The questions I would like answered are this: 1) if I were to get a dash adaptor would this thing fit in it and 2) what other parts would be needed to make it work?

2. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

You can purchase either the Metra dash kit or the Scosche kit. The Scosche kit looks better in most peoples opinion. You will also need the Metra wireharness. You are looking at about $40 total. Thats all you need to install the Pioneer deck.

3. Roche_173

Roche_173 New Member

all right, thanks man.

4. illdietrying

illdietrying Well-Known Member

i just got the F700bt, all you'll need is the wire harness and the dash kit, install was pretty easy, if you need help installing just let me know, ill post pics later if i get a chance

5. Roche_173

Roche_173 New Member

help would be great, i was going to go down to Car Toys but i dont like the prices there and would love to save a little money. just so long as the install is not that complicated, as i do not have a good track record with mechanical objects. :oops:

6. illdietrying

here's my avic f700bt

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and here's a link of dash kit and harness that you'll need

http://www.installer.com/cars/by_car.php?carid=3969

for the dash kit my suggestion is to go for the scosche dash kit (MI3019B ), it's a little more expensive but you won't regret it,
    and for the wire harness buy the metra one (70-7005 )

7. Swamps420

Swamps420 Active Member

illdietrying
    hey did you connect a pac swi to your unit?

8. dao.style

dao.style Well-Known Member

F90BT fits fine all
    here is a pic of my F90BT + Scosche Kit
    [​IMG]

the scosche kit on ebay comes with the wiring hirness ;]

9. XxLaNcErGTSxX

XxLaNcErGTSxX Well-Known Member

Get the dask kit from Japan parts, looks OEM

10. jc

jc Well-Known Member

Do you guys know the part number for the PAC SWI for our cars? or the one thats compatible with the Pioneer Avic 700bt
    or where to get it for a cheap price?
    Model, part # would be greatly appreciated.

11. dao.style

dao.style Well-Known Member

12. illdietrying

i don't have the pac swi, i'm not planning on having it installed as i have other plans for the steering controls