Archie's PR

Discussion in 'Members Progress Reports' started by Archie, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Archie

Archie Member

Here's the record of everything I have/ will do to my Lancer. It's an 02 OZ with 187k miles on it. Most things that I've done to it I have pictures of, but things I've done that aren't picture are: replaced cv's, replaced brake pads and rotors, replaced timing chain, replaced head gasket, and replaced valve covers.

Here's a picture of the Lancer when it was new in 05
    1.jpg

Here's the first rim being painted black
    2.jpg

First black rim on the car, you can see the original, ugly grille on the bottom right.
    3.jpg

The process for blacking out all the rims
    4.jpg

Grille off and being painted
    5.jpg

2. Archie

Archie Member

Here's the rear badges blacked
    6.jpg

Touching up exterior window moulding
    7.jpg

Touching up the drip moulding
    8.jpg

Center console removed, interior cleaning commenced!
    9.jpg

Seats out, learning my car.
    10.jpg

3. Archie

Archie Member

Look how disgusting the interior looked when I got the car.
    11.jpg

Another shot of the disgusting interior
    12.jpg

Here's a shot of just some of the interior trim being cleaned
    13.jpg

Door panel off
    14.jpg

This is how everything looked when I was all done. Not entirely satisfied with the result as I was rushed to finish this project, but oh well.
    15.jpg

4. Archie

Archie Member

Another shot of the cleaned interior. You can see some rust and grit that I couldn't easily get off. I wish I would've had the time to sand that off and repaint it.
    16.jpg

Trunk cleaned up. There was tons of sand (previous owner was from Orlando) and also what looked like a shredded newspaper. Either way, it was a mess.
    17.jpg

Amp & sub rewired.
    18.jpg

New CF shifter knob. Only downside of this is that in Florida weather, the thing gets smoldering hot and makes it hard to drive haha
    19.jpg

Here's the finished result (for now)
    20.jpg

5. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Very nice clean up. Had a local guy do the same to a beat up 97 Civic hatch. Tore it down, repainted errythang. Came out amazing. Yours doesn't seem to have been in terrible condition, which helped, I'm sure. Keep up the good work.

6. Archie

Archie Member

Haha thanks. It's true that it didn't look too bad, but the smell was unbearable and just took forever to finish.