Anyone running no resonator in exhaust

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by el lancer, Sep 22, 2010.

1. el lancer

el lancer Active Member

Hi,

Right now I have a custom axle back with a turbo muffler but I have deleted one resonator. The sound is deep but not very loud. I have been considering removing the other resonator to see what sound I can get. I am not planning on removing the cat. I have looked in youtube but have not found clips of anybody with a setup running no resnators. Is somebody on the forum running a similar set up. If i do delete the resonator I will post video clip.

2. y2ray7697

y2ray7697 Well-Known Member

I'm running no resonators...it's really deep and loud, and with an intake it's amazing. Unfortunately, I don't have a video or audio clip form outside the car yet. I'll work on that, and maybe even get one tomorrow for ya!

3. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

I don't have any resonators in my setup. It rrm's exhaust so it deletes the resonators. I still have my catalytic convertors though. Im going to get rid of those soon.

4. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Neither do I have any resonators. Just a muffler, and my two cats, like Jogen. I hate that cat in the header. >:O

5. el lancer

el lancer Active Member

Thanks guys, I won,t be doing the resonator delete this weekend since I will be out of town next weekend I will. I will post a vid of before and after.

6. el lancer

el lancer Active Member

Ok I did the resonator delete last weekend but it sounds very raspy and not deep at all so I will be changing the muffler to a straight flow muffler this weekend. I will get the video clips to post

7. el lancer

el lancer Active Member

here is how it sounds now http://qik.ly/c43Yc359FNfVS6F6XmfwdK it has a straight thru muffler and the resonator and cat. Forst I tried with no resonator but it was very loud in the car so I put back on.

8. el lancer

el lancer Active Member

here are pics of the set up IMG_0902.jpg IMG_0901.jpg IMG_0900.jpg

The muffler inlet is 2.25 and the exit since it has a big tip we made it 2.5 in. to give it that sleeper look. and of course it painted black to draw no attention from the poooolice

9. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

sounds good to me

10. el lancer

el lancer Active Member

from inside the sound is deep and solid

11. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Doesn't sound too bad. Sounds like you mostly hear it in the higher rpms.