Amp Install

Discussion in 'Audio, Security and Electronics' started by Oni, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Oni

Oni Well-Known Member

So you think the back seats would support my amp mounted to it? I want to do an easy install to minimize loss of trunk space.

2. SoflaGTS

SoflaGTS Well-Known Member

uhm the driver side seat will be you best choice
    so far the passenger side rear seat has not been liking it
    amp always falls

3. Oni

Oni Well-Known Member

That's what I was thinking of anyway because I have 2 amps and 1 sub, so the sub can block the single seat and the amps on the double fold down.

Is that how yours is set up?

4. BlueBallLancer

BlueBallLancer Well-Known Member

I have 2 amps on my rear seat, just get metal screws and it secures it tight/ had to have them on an angle tho

5. skullpr

skullpr Well-Known Member

check out my pics you may get some ideas...i have a fake floor, and it reserves me a lot of space...

6. Oni

Oni Well-Known Member

I live in an apartment so I don't have the tools to get too crazy with the floor. Also, I wonder about the cooling that way. As for the seat back install, any pics Blue? And why sideways... for fitting or mounting surfaces?

7. skullpr

i just dont like them on the seat panel...it only works for so long and then they start to fall...i had that problem in my old suzuki esteem and it was a PITA so i went with the fake floor this time...but do what ever works for ya!!good luck!! :D

8. 4B12LancerGTS

4B12LancerGTS Well-Known Member

You can also try mounting them to your sub box if there is space on it. But about the back seats dont bolt the amps there because of heat issues, unless your going to have a nice breeze going through the trunk to keep them cool.

9. nickbutterz

nickbutterz Well-Known Member

what kind of wood do u use for the fake floor?

10. skullpr

well im not sure of the terms and names in the states but i used baboon...its strong and very lightweight...

11. BlueBallLancer

BlueBallLancer Well-Known Member

Thats if you are working the amps to the limit, since i have 1000w to the (1) sub and 800w to the speakers/components, i have the gain about halfway. The only reason I have so much wattage was because I just used the amps I had from my previous SUV. I have the amps diagonal for fitting purposes. i'll try to snap a few pics later on today.

12. Redline1

Redline1 Well-Known Member

i screwed mine to the back of the sub box

13. Oni

Oni Well-Known Member

well

A.) My Sub box is too small for that (Running a single 1000 rms 10") and
    B.) It's not good for your amp anyway unless you build supports into the box so it doesn't flex.