Aftermarket HU with Fosgate System

Discussion in 'Audio, Security and Electronics' started by Oni, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Oni

Oni Well-Known Member

Was wondering if anyone on here integrated a new HU with their fosgate system.

I'm wondering if a decent HU with a better EQ would make that much of a difference on the audio quality.

Also, anyone know what preamp voltage the stock HU sends to the amp?

2. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

The only way to integrate it is a chop job right now. Axxess claimed that the MITO-01 add in harness would work on the 2008 Lancers, but that was proven wrong. They are currently trying to release the MITO-02 which should. With CES going on, I see it being released real soon. Or something from PAC.

3. Oni

Oni Well-Known Member

Oh, I never heard that the MITO-1 never worked. That sucks. From your experiance with other cars Serious, do you think it would help matters? Oh, btw, think I could come up to Dallas one weekend for help with an install. I pay with homemade beer! :lol:

4. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

Access makes very decent quality products. Nothing pisses an installer off more than removeing a stereo and seeing a birdsnest hack job. Even doing it clean with solder and shrink wrap, you would still clip off the harness. My suggestion would be to either wait until the MITO-02 or bypass the stock amp, install a better one and replace the RF sub.

Oh, and I am more than willing to help with installs. :D