Advice needed

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by Belgaram, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Belgaram

Belgaram Well-Known Member

I wanted to throw this out here as most everyone on here is pretty level headed when it comes to their Lancers.

I have an 09 Lancer GTS Rotor Glow with RRM headers, RRM RA Intake, A'Pexi exhaust, Tein S-type springs, remote start, 30% tint.

I am looking at the next upgrades to do and I am torn on what to do first.

Should I go with the Sprint Booster or Crank Pulley (RPW) and (RRM) Timing Controller?

Eventually it's all going to get done, but I am curious as to what everyone thinks should be done first. I am totally on the fence with this one.

2. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

interestingly enough i had a nice convo with my boss about this today. I already have the crank pulley but it doesn't have any gains. it just makes the throttle response a little quicker (might revert back to stock soon). personally, i suggest going with the timing controller (aka the testicular 3000). the sprint booster really doesn't do much other than tell the car to push itself harder at certain voltage levels.

3. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

I had the crank shaft pulley and testicular 3000 and Scotty knows that made quite a boost.

He had some trouble keeping up with me going to VA.

4. Belgaram

Yea, I think I am leaning toward the pulley and timing controller. Im also waiting to find out if my tuner shop has the cable to do an ECU tune as well...

5. Belgaram

They just called, and they have the cable.. Told me $150 to install the pulley and tune the ECU... This a good deal?

6. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

I think tunes usually go for about 50-100 bucks, depending on the shop and how big they are. That's from what I've heard. Never gotten a tune for myself before.

7. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Sounds like a decent deal. The pulley isn't that hard to do, but it would save you some frustration by letting them do it. I say go for it.

8. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

+1 with the controller and tune...

9. Sinestra

Sinestra Well-Known Member

Timing control and then after that get a tune bro. If you already have the crank pulley installed no point in removing it the stock one is heavy as hell as you already know. The last thing i would suggest would be a tune thats going to make all the difference in the world man, that price is very decent for a tune and installing the crank pulley. Im hopefully get a tune when spring rolls around.