Advice needed asap!!!!!!!

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by SoulEater13, Jan 30, 2012.

1. SoulEater13

SoulEater13 Well-Known Member

i'm trading in my 2009 Lancer ES and getting a 2012 Lancer GT, will the Tsudo N1 axle back exhaust fit the GT? i need to know fast, im trading the ES in the morning. thanks. i'm also doin my research on the internet right now, but im getting all my bases covered. thank you.

2. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong in what I know off the top my head...

The '09 ES has the 2.0 4B11 while the '11 GTS has the 2.4 4B12. I'm not certain, but I think the exhaust routs the same under the body and uses the same hanger locations. The issue would be in piping diameter and bolt flange shape and size. I would think it would work, but I'm not that keen on interchanging parts between trims on the new Lancers.

3. blueking_4

blueking_4 Well-Known Member

I'm about 99% sure that the only difference between the '11 GTS and the '12 GT is as follows:
    1. They dropped 1 letter from the title. :) as far as I know, they still have the same engine.

4. SoulEater13

thanks guys, i finally found the site where i ordered my exhaust and it runs to a 2012 lancer, all trims. but if it misleads me then i will post my findings and the solving part too.

5. lancer2quick

Good to know. Good luck on the new whip...

6. SoulEater13

so it was not gonna match up at all. way off, the GT runs on the passenger side verse the middle of the car. so i cancelled the order and now i need to look for one that will fit.

7. blueking_4

blueking_4 Well-Known Member

sorry to hear that dude. hope you find one that is similar to what you wanted.

8. SoulEater13

yeah, there is practically nothing out there within my budget for an exhaust. im just gonna go to a local shop and get a magnaflow and have them do it. cheaper and i get it done fast......hardly a wait, dont have to order it online and wait for it to ship. lol

9. lancer2quick

+1 I'm a big fan of custom exhausts. You can get the tone you want, position, and choose how its run. I'm actually about to redo mine shortly....

10. mindbeats

mindbeats Well-Known Member

11. SoulEater13

very true, i do agree with you guys. i have a guy i work with that has a Charger R/T and he had his made custom and its sounds really great. he doesnt even have his cold air intake on yet. lol he was giving me advice on that too.

12. sk13322

sk13322 Well-Known Member

Yeah i would deff go custom, i got mine done real cheap picked the muffler i wanted and had it put where i wanted it and also had them delete the resanator :)