Accessory Wire???

Discussion in 'Audio, Security and Electronics' started by playa213xx, Dec 10, 2007.

1. playa213xx

playa213xx Well-Known Member

Now as i have said in my recent post...I am new to all of this forum and i know people don't like double posts. So i did search for it but I'm not sure how thorough of a search it was.

So heres my question...Does anyone know what color the accessory wires are? I need the two wires underneith the steering column to hook up my neons, radar detector, aftermarket nav system, etc. Most cars have a 12v wire and a secondary accessory wire. My friends at Stereo Advantage said its not listed in any of their software and i've checked on installdr.com as well as directtechs.com which are the two sites i use to find out information like this.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know!

2. Guest

Guest Guest

^ now now.

1st: whats up with all the damn red? Are you mad. LOL! No but serious, would you mind toning it down.

2nd: If you and your buddies are into the audio part, you should know to use a multi meter and test the wires behind the radio.

3rd: its probably a low voltage wire and if not you should use a Bosch relay 30/40 to step up and or trigger all of the add ons. This way you dont over load your source of power.

I dont have my 08 here its getn some R&D at Rotora right now, but if it isnt answered and you still need to know I will have it by Thursday and I can test it for you.

3. playa213xx

Sorry i didn't know there was a color code....i have no reason to be mad i just thought it might look cool and maybe stand out a little more lol...again sorry.

But yeah anyways...how do you test them? t-tap them or through the fuse box or somethin?

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I was just messn wit ya. but yeah all red is a bit harsh on the eyes.

5. playa213xx

well it could have been worse right? purple? pink? lol