4B10 to 4B11 engine swap ? RRM parts compatible with 4B10 ?

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by core-ix, Sep 15, 2009.

1. core-ix

core-ix New Member

Do you think it is possible? In Europe there are no 2.0L (actually there are, but only diesel engines) Lancers, only 1.5L and 1.8L. I am currently comfortable with 1.8L and for the time of the warranty I do not plan to change it, but if a swap is possible I would like to do it, change from 4B10 to 4B11 engine, probably add turbo, custom intake/exhaust, etc.

Also, if a swap is not an option, will the RRM turbo kit work with 4B10 engine ? What about the other electronics performance parts ?

Thanks.

2. LiX

LiX Well-Known Member

Yeah, swap is possible. 4B10 is 4B11 with less stroke. Block is the same. Headers are FED spec. The different parts are ECU, crankshaft, pistons and connecting rods. If you don't want to swap the whole engine, you can get a stroker kit.

3. EVO

EVO Active Member

anyone already did the swap from 4b10 to 4b11? can it be just plug and play ,are there any additional wiring involved? and wat need to be changed?

4. LiX

LiX Well-Known Member

I already wrote that :D

5. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

why not just put in the 4b12, even bigger haha

6. EVO

EVO Active Member

haha ya thanks,
    so it has to include the wiring right?
    and the our manual transmission fits nicely ya?
    besides tht does the 4B10/MT faces difficulty in engaging in gears ,in reverse and also dropping gears occasionally from 5th to 4th etc?