2010 GTS Brembro Rotors

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Suspension' started by eep02b, Jul 31, 2010.

1. eep02b

eep02b Member

Hey guys,
    I'm new to the site and to the Lancer family, but i'm looking for performance parts for my 2010 Lancer GTS. I'm really looking for a new set of rotors and brake pads to replace my stock ones. I plan on making this my first of many mods. Does anyone know of a good site to purchase parts for a 2010 lancer? Most of the sites ive looked at like mitsubishiparts.net and lancershop.com do not have many parts for a 2010 Lancer GTS hell for any 2010 lancer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

your brake setup would be the same as the 08 and 09 lancers. look for some powerslot rotors and hawk performance pads. they will make your car stop on a dime. i'm running a drilled and slotted (overkill lol) setup in the front with hawk pads but a stock setup in the back.

3. eep02b

eep02b Member

powerslot rotors? are those better than brembro? and how big of a difference is the stopping power of drilled and slotted rotors vs. just slotted rotors?

4. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

You dont want brembo's just yet. Those are waaaaay too powerful for your current setup. With the little bit of power you have it will take a bit to get used to that much stopping power. It's not really the stopping power, it's the cooling of the discs really. You DO NOT want cross drilled rotors at all. They will break. drilled and slotted rotors cool down quicker than oem or slotted rotors. That is good for actually racing or if your doing a lot of stop and go.

5. eep02b

eep02b Member

so whats a good set of rotors to replace my stock ones? if brembro is too powerful, whats a good brake thats slotted, but not overkill?

6. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

slotted drilled

7. el lancer

el lancer Active Member

hawk, EBC green stuff are good for street and will work good for track days too. I had a bad experience ( warping )with brembo rotos on a track car I had. Slotted rotors are nice for the cooling factor and look very cool. You can also upgrade your pads with the oem rotors if you are just doing daily driving. You will be surprised how much abuse oem rotors can take

8. OnTheGrid_NOLA

OnTheGrid_NOLA Active Member

I just upgraded, EBC all the way around! EBC ultimax slotted rotors, with EBC redstuff pads! AWESUME!!!! i do a lot of highspeed shit on the interstate and in new orleans people have no regard for the car doing a 130 - 140 and switch lanes like people dont do that everyday right? lol, but no seriously, EBC is what I went with and what i recomend! Happy Hunting