2008+ Lancer EVO X Style Body Kit *On Special*

Discussion in 'AutoCityImports.com' started by AutoCity, Mar 27, 2008.

1. AutoCity

AutoCity Well-Known Member

We have the 2008+ Lancer Evo X Style Body Kit on special for the next couple weeks. :D Check out the link for more pictures and pricing.

Link: 2008+ Lancer Evo X Style Body Kit

[​IMG]

2. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

I like the X-style hood you guys have. Glad to see one on the market that isn't expensive as hell. i like the price-drop from the original price. :D

3. kennyjai

kennyjai Well-Known Member

hey its nemo's ride lol

4. Bryn1987

Bryn1987 Well-Known Member

i love how it looks, but the reason i wouldn't get it is everyone would be saying... "evo wanna be" :-\

5. Nemo420

Nemo420 Well-Known Member

that car is tight.......

oh and Bryn1987, i do get that at times......but really, everyone thinks it is an EVO X in person. you dont know how many people i have to tell them that its a Lancer GTS, not EVO X and everyone gives me props on how my car looks.

6. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

Ray, true.

7. Nemo420

thanx Brotha-

8. JDM FLOW

No problem brotha!

9. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

exactly. people who don't know shit about the X or Lancer will assume it's an evo anyways. evo parts or not.

10. Nemo420

yeah i think im the only one that can go threw my car and point everything out that is not an EVO, lol.

11. kayla

kayla Member

i don't know a lot about these kits but is it direct bolt on? Did it fit perfectly?

12. Thatguy

Thatguy Well-Known Member

damn only the whole kits on sale? not single parts? i love the rear bumper and sides.

13. JDM FLOW

Kayla, ask Ray(Nemo420), he has the kit and I would say yes it's direct bolt on.

14. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

even from well-known companies there is a slight bit of modification that has to be done. They always advertise as "direct-fit" because it's intended for that vehicle. But (from first-hand experience) i know that when you line up certain body-kit components there can/may be some sort of "off-ness" to the component.

a simple bit of shaving usually helps. I had to do this with my side skirts for my 02 eclipse. didnt sit JUST RIGHT til i had to do a tad bit of shaving to make it fit perfectly.

15. JDM FLOW

Kayla, ask Ray(Nemo420), he has the kit and I would say yes it's direct bolt on.

16. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

in some cases people get lucky and don't have to modify. This is why you never ever ever paint your component to color-match UNTIL you've test fitted and drilled holes were you'd like to mount your component

17. kayla

kayla Member

thanks guys, I ordered a front bumper and it didn't fit right so I'm being extra careful before i get another one

18. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

best thing is to not be the FIRST customer for component parts. let someone else get it, make a review, then go from there.

19. Nemo420

sup Kayla-

the kit isn't exactly "bolt-up", there are some modifications that you have to do to make this kit fit good, but its not something a body shop cant do. i do tell people not to expect to get a kit, bolt it up, and then paint it. it takes a lot more than just that, but in thee end it looks great and i get a lot of compliments on a daily basis.

20. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

I know kids that had their parts painted THEN tried to fit/install them. Full of fail