2008 Lancer Battery Box

Discussion in 'Audio, Security and Electronics' started by Oni, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Oni

Oni Well-Known Member

Anyone know offhand the biggest dimension battery you could fit in the battery box? Trying to figure out the largest kinetik I could fit in there without a huge amount of modification.

2. mikeike8

mikeike8 Well-Known Member

whats a kinetik?

3. Oni

Oni Well-Known Member

High end aftermarket car battery for people with large stereos

4. Homie

Homie Well-Known Member

Let me know when you find this out. I bought a heavy duty everready from wal-mart and it still doesn't seem like it's doing the trick. I don't have a powerful stereo system but I do have a aftermarket dvd/nav and it seems like it drains quite a bit of power out of the car. I also have a laser jammer and a radar dectector that is always hooked up. Would an optima battery work?

5. skullpr

skullpr Well-Known Member

if your looking for batteries keep in mind that the AMPS are what really matter...if you trust a specific brand of batteries look for one with a high amount of AMPS...it will be 12V but you want the high amperage so the sound systems and/or AM electronic equipment wont drain it...try looking for more than 800 amps...if possible a 1000 amp battery, it wont feel a thing... :D

6. Oni

Oni Well-Known Member

The one I''m looking at has around 1100 amps iirc. Been stuck working all weekend so I haven't had time to do the measuring myself. I guess no one else has either, so I'll just have to do it tomorrow when I finally get a day off.

7. Homie

Homie Well-Known Member

The everready I have has 770 CCA so that isn't horrible. My car still has issues with sitting long periods of time and starting with the auto start. when it gets to cold outside the car won't turn over with the autostart.