2 for 1 problems lol: Need windshield reservoir and Heater blower noise

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by bakwoods, Feb 27, 2011.

1. bakwoods

bakwoods Guest

So the first problem is a nuisance more than anything else. I'm the second owner of this Lancer and already I've come to find out that the windshield wiper reservoir is missing. At first I thought to myself "WTH? Is it maybe on the battery side?" But then I noticed it's simply MIA from the engine bay. To top things off, I cannot find a replacement ANYWHERE! Quite literally there are no sites that offer one. There are plenty for the 7G Lancers, however nothing for 2008 and up. Strange...so if anyone has a spare one (unlikely) or knows where to get one for a decent price WITH the motor (because I suck at electronics) that'd be fantastic.

Now, second problem is a real pain in the butt. I turn on the fan to any speed (even lowest) and the blower makes a horrible grinding noise. So took matters into my own hands. Dropped the glove box, pulled the plastic shield underneath and pulled the blower motor. After looking it over, I noticed that the fan on top of the motor itself rocks back and forth a little bit. I guess that whenever it gains momentum it starts to rock back and forth and it grinds against the plastic casing. Anyone else encounter this problem? Any fixes? Or do I need a new blower altogether?

2. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

Resevior - Junk yard
    Blower motor- sounds like it needs a new bearing. So either replace that or get one from a junk yard with the resevior. Also, try mitsubishiparts.net. They might have either of the two for you. Both pieces should be the same as an evo if it comes down to that.

3. bakwoods

bakwoods Guest

Thanks man, if you might be able to locate one for me as well that'd be great. My junk yards here have nothing newer than 2002. That's the problem with NY lol.

4. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

That better than my junk yard. the only mitsu they have is a galant. The only thing I could use from it would be the engine but without some kind of history report on it I'm not buying it.

5. sk13322

sk13322 Well-Known Member

ill check my junk yards up here in upstate ny but doubt they have anything new but sometimes they shock me.

6. bakwoods

bakwoods Guest

bump...anyone at all see anything please keep me posted. I got the blower motor already, that's a relief. Now I need the reservoir. grrrrr