09 Lancer with more heart then an Evo

Discussion in 'Members Progress Reports' started by Chris Deschamps, May 24, 2012.

1. Chris Deschamps

Chris Deschamps Active Member

My goal is to take my 09 Lancer Ralliart and make it the same or better then an 09 Evo at least in the power and torque department.
    Pictures to come.

2. Chris Deschamps

So far my Mods are:
    Short Ram Air Intake, Fuel Pressure Mod,Air Vortex mod, AMS Boost pill, 3 inch inner cooler piping both upper and lower, Evo X inner cooler, HKS Blow off Valve, Greddy Turbo timer, 3 inch Turboxs downpipe, 3 inch Turboxs cat delete pipe and Tactrix stage 3 91 octane Ecu Map.

3. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

I dont know about that air vortex thing. I doubt its usefulness. Also, tune on 93 octane not 91. You already have everything you need to make stock evo power. The rest is in the tune. You should make 300 easy. I think evo is 265 now. I may be wrong so do not quote me on that. Also, picking up a bigger turbo wouldnt hurt either.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

4. Chris Deschamps

The Vortex Mod is my friends invention, He had it dynoed on another car and it showed 20 extra horse power so I let him put it into my car, Weather or not it works i am not sure but i keep it in to make him happy.
    As for the 91 octane vs 93: I live in Canada it is not easy to find the 93 octane gas there might be one or too places that sell it and so i keep the 91 because it is all i have come across (So Far)
    I am Married with 3 young kids and i don't have a lot of money so unless i can find a bigger turbo for a crazy price I will need to wait because the Family comes first but I think I have more power now then a stock Evo I just need to post some Pic's and you guys can tell me what you think?

5. Chris Deschamps

What would be the best way to post pictures for this post???

6. Chris Deschamps

I would like to get my RA into the ROTM how can i enter?

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  7. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

I normally use photobucket to post pics. But there is a pic thing in the box where you type.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

8. Chris Deschamps

I hope this helps I know they are a little dark but it is the best i can do at this moment.

9. Chris Deschamps

Doing more work on the RA this weekend.
    Painting the brake calipers Red and adding the new SS brake lines.
    Doing some more performance work also with my mechanic Mario.
    Also finishing up all the audio stuff.
    This should be uber fun!!!

10. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Sweet. Keep us updated

11. hausner

hausner Member

What is your audio setup?

12. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Loved the ty-rapped filter. Lol.

13. Chris Deschamps

Yea I wanted to post a kind of before and after and that was the before.
    I still laugh at that pic when ever I look at it.
    you know what ever gets the job done so you can go and drive right!!

14. Chris Deschamps

Well it looks like I wont get much work done today my mechanic is not well so I will need to wait on the brakes and brake lines.
    As for the audio system......... Well I had 2 Alpine type R 12's in ported boxes in my trunk with 2 500 watt Alpine mrp-m500 Amps but I had to go in for surgery and leave work for 2 mounts so I sold them to pay bills.
    Resonantly I found an older infinity 12 and I had a box left over from a previous car so i put them together and put them into my little RA.
    The Head unit is a JVC 7in touch screen with Ipod support (simpsons on for the kids)
    I kept all the factory speakers just added the subwoofer and another Mrp-m500 amp to power it.
    so nothing to special but enought to put some bump in the trunk :)