08 Lancer ES - I need a body kit.

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Customization' started by iStubz, May 20, 2011.

1. iStubz

iStubz Member

Okay, well I just got my license a few months ago and my dad owns a junkyard. He just bought an 08 Lancer ES for me, its hit in the front, so it for sure needs: front bumper, hood, right front fender, and right headlight. Since its my car, he put me in charge of cosmetics while he does the hard work lol. I would like to make the car look more sporty, but the vast amount of body kits over-whelm me, and I'm not sure whats legal here in california. I kind of want a full body kit- the front/rear bumpers, sideskirts, hood, and spoiler. And I'll have to buy fenders and a right front headlight elsewhere.
    So I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions on kits or individual parts.
    Also I can't spend too much money on this car, anything over $1000 comes out of my pocket. (not including headlights or front fenders)

Also I have the option of getting the stock 5-spoke wheels blacked out, do you think it would look right on a grey car? Or should I wait a few months and get completely different rims?

2. Sinestra

Sinestra Well-Known Member

Hi and please introduce yourself in the new members section.

Imo the best place to look for bodykits, hoods ect is Autocity Imports. They have great pricing awesome customer service and their products are great quality. Remember any bodykit you get will need to be painted and fitted to your vehicle it can get quite expensive.

http://www.autocityimports.com/2008-lancer-body-kits-c-54_2922_2953.html

As for wheels you can get them powdercoated black if you want it will look fine on GG i have a GG lancer as well and my first set of wheels were black its a pretty popular color. I would say get new wheels as soon as you can and get off the stocks just to give you a authentic modded look.

3. iStubz

iStubz Member

Thanks I really appreciate the link! Also what rims/tires would you recommend I look into, and what size do you recommend? I also need to find a hood and spoiler. Something that goes with the flow of the C-Weapon or Illusion body kit.

Last edited: May 20, 2011
  4. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

As far as the legality, I don't know about the laws for minimum ground clearance...but there are definite restrictions on headlight and front crash beam height. I live in AL, so our laws are way different than yours (almost non-existant). There are a ton of places that you can get kits from...most of them will be the same style kit, but just a different name and price. Autocity does have a decent selection, but search around. There may be a style that one site carries, but another site has another very similar kit that you like better. Take your time and think about all the variables that go with having a kit...like ground clearance, removal of crash bars, etc. Here are a couple sites that I have ordered from in the past for other cars...

www.aitracing.com
    www.carbodykits.com

5. iStubz

iStubz Member

Thanks, I'm actually going to stop by a place down by my dads shop and see what they have. Also for wheels/tires what size rims do you guys recommend? My dad knows a guy who owns some rim company that has pretty nice designs that I could get for cheap.

6. slickdevil08

slickdevil08 Well-Known Member

congrats on the buy and i see the mod bug has already started on you.
    good luck with the build

7. iStubz

iStubz Member

Thanks, what size rims do you guys recommend? I have the ES and all of my dads friends are telling me 18" are too big? That the rims are going to get destroyed because the tire profile will be too small. Is that true?

8. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Yeah. I had a set of 18's on my R/A, and I had to run a 35 series tire to keep it from scrubbing.....made the ride terrible. I would say go 16's, but 17's will fit with the right size tire and offset.

9. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

18's are fine. You will need to get your fenders rolled just a bit and get wheels spacers. As for the tire size I dont know exactly. It depends on the width of the tires. Most 18 inch wheels are 8 inches wide or 8.5. So I would assume get 145/45/18 size tires. I think thats right.

10. Sinestra

Sinestra Well-Known Member

Not true completely. If you get a low profile tire yes the face of the rims will be exposed more to road debris but that also depends on the offset. For example i am running 18X8.5 +42 offset wrapped in 225/40/18 tire and my wheels are fine also, i have an ES. just be aware of the road and rough patches in the road. The GTS comes with 18" wheels many vehicles come with 18" wheels and they do not experience any problem so i can not agree with your dads friends. 08+ Lancers look the best with 18" wheels man. If you keep get a conservative offset you should be fine. If you want to go more aggressive look at a lower offset and or spacers. Depending on that you may or may not need to roll your fenders.

11. iStubz

iStubz Member

Do your wheels ever rub? And do you run the same sizes for the front and rear?