08 lancer bluetooth memory problem

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by aznboiultra, Apr 11, 2011.

1. aznboiultra

aznboiultra Well-Known Member

Ok, so I own a cvt 2008 lancer gts. My bluetooth keep erasing the phone from its memory every 10-13 weeks. I tried it with my lg shine, sony ericcson, iphone, and samsung vibrant. For some reason my bluetooth is not retaining the phones in its memory. Went back to the dealer I got the car from and they said it could be a bad wiring or the something was wrong with the bluetooth. They replace it with a new one for me a week later then, 10 weeks later it happen again. Does any body actually know what is wrong with it? Any ideas or guess would help. Right now my guess is that my car bluetooth system just hate me.

2. sk13322

sk13322 Well-Known Member

hmmm i havnt heard of this before, i have two different phones in mine driod and thunderbolt and they both work fine, all i can say is keep on the dealer untill it fixed and re read the book where it covers the bluetooth a few times to make sure your doing everything right. Not saying you are but better to be safe than sorry.

3. Sinestra

Sinestra Well-Known Member

This is the first time im hearing of this problem. It sounds like there is a big communication between the phone and the unit itself. My suggestion is not to tamper with it too much and just take it to the dealer and get them to take a look. Tell them exactly whats happening. Worst case is they cant reproduce it best case they fix the problem or just give you a new unit. You are still under warranty so it shouldnt be a problem.

4. aznboiultra

I already had it replace once by the dealer, but it keep happening after they replace it with a new unit. I can't have them do it again because the Mit's dealer in San Francisco is gone. Right now the closes Mit's dealer from me is about 35+ miles away or atleast 2 counties.

5. Sinestra

Sinestra Well-Known Member

have you tried calling Mitsu of North America tech hotline?

6. sk13322

i would say call the hotline and do a google serach of this issuse, if none of that helps go to the dealer let them add your phones and go from there. have you tryed reseting the car by un hooking the neg battery termnal???

7. aznboiultra

I didn't even know there is a hot line, I'll give it a try. The dealers in SF had tried to unhook the neg battery before decided to replace it with a new unit.

8. sk13322

yeah try the hotline than and internet. there are other groups that might know more about this issuse.

9glancers.com or evolutionm.net

9. aznboiultra

i just remember to call the hotline today, no help at all, they recommend me to bring the car into the nearest dealer ship to have it look at and online search is only generating problems with pairing phone and hanging up, not bluetooth memory problem

10. sk13322

i know its a pain but keep taking the car back untill its fixed.