03 ES GUYS PR

Discussion in 'Members Progress Reports' started by 03 ES GUY, Apr 21, 2011.

1. 03 ES GUY

03 ES GUY Well-Known Member

With L2Q and Jog's helpful advice and assistance, I'm finally get to the point where I can get my PR going. I'm starting out with replacing my tie rod ends and putting Tein springs on my lancer. I'll be ordering the springs tonight or tommorow, so they should be here within the next two weeks.

I'll be doing the spring swap and tie rod end fix in my parents garage with a full hydraulic lift so i'll be able to get the car completely off the ground and have the ability to get underneath the car with ease. So this process should hopefully be a rerun of RRM's Lancer Spring install. I will update tommorow whether or not the springs are on their way guys. I'm STOKED FOR THIS. I will be taking pictures of the entire process as well so you guys get to see the car lifted with both struts off :D

Modifications
    Cold Air Intake
    8000k HIDs w/Eyelid Tint
    Tein S. Tech Springs
    Monroe OEMSpectrum Fronts/KYB GR2 rears
    Magnaflow Exhaust

Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
  2. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Sounds good. Keep us updated...

3. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

your lucky to have parents with a lift like that

4. 03 ES GUY

im lucky to have a friend with parents that have a lift lol. i've had the lancer on that lift already when i did my brakes and oil change. and had to fix my intake pipe

5. 03 ES GUY

UPDATE: I have ordered the springs, I will get an update when I get a confirmed delivery date :D

Also, are the bolts on the front struts on the 03' ES eccentric just like the EVOs?

I watched a coilover install on an evo 8 and the guy that was doing the swap said there are eccentric bolts on the front strut marking the camber sets. I'll post the video so you can hear what I'm asking of what this guy is saying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhEMVXkEU7o

Last edited: Apr 22, 2011
  6. 03 ES GUY

UPDATE: Springs will arrive friday sometime. Hopefully before it gets terribly late. If so, you will be seeing pictures LATE friday night of the car, before/after. I just need to get my tie rod ends.

7. 03ozlancer

03ozlancer Well-Known Member

i replaced the strut,brake spindle lower control arm, and inner and outter tie rods on my passenger side in my 03 oz and i didnt have any alignment adjusters except tierods

8. 03 ES GUY

you mean you didn't have an alignment done?

9. 03ozlancer

no i did the alignment but there werent any alignment bolts (camber,caster) in what i replaced, still havent seenn them either

10. 03 ES GUY

alright I just understood what you mean. you were answering my question for me haha. thanks a bunch o3ozlancer.

11. 03ozlancer

anytime bro

12. 03 ES GUY

UPDATE: Springs are here, I just have no resources right now. I should know tommorow afternoon if my buddies parents are still kind enough to let me utilize their lift and tools lol

13. 03ozlancer

didja slam her yet

14. 03 ES GUY

not yet. probably tommorow sometime around 6 tommorow after noon. I went to the Cincinnati Reds game today. so no work done on the car

15. 03 ES GUY

Doing the drop this weekend. My father in law said he has everything I need to complete the job. We're doing the job Sunday night. Monday I'm getting an alignment check done to see how bad the car needs done.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

16. lancer2quick

Make sure you drive it a little bit to get everything to settle. 100-150 miles should do it...

17. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

Basically drive a full tank of gas. It only took me a quarter tank to get my coils settled. Not even that. I think I drove 5 miles and they were completely settled. Thanks to the roads of VA. these roads are horrid.

18. 03 ES GUY

Thanks a bunch guys. I tried lowering the car the other night, i have pictures i'll upload. the pictures show the car lifted on jack stands and the hood up. I couldnt get the impact to break the bolts loose. So i'm gonna need a breaker bar and a BFH (big freakin hammer) to get the bolts to break loose. the struts still have life in them so i'm gonna just wait to get new struts

19. lancer2quick

Wow...It just took a little muscle to get mine off. I used a ratchet with a 1ft piece of round tubing over the handle for leverage....

20. 03 ES GUY

yeah. i dont understand why they wouldnt break loose. its almost as if the struts were replaced before. I'm wondering if they have been