02 Lancer ES Mod & Build Thread - FAC3L3SS

Discussion in 'Members Progress Reports' started by FAC3L3SS, Dec 27, 2010.

1. FAC3L3SS

FAC3L3SS Well-Known Member

My name is Adam. I owned a 2000 Dodge Neon and a 1996 Civic Hatchback before the Lancer. So far, the Lancer has been the most reliable and comfortable, although my Neon was probably my favorite, granted I had it for 3 years and I've only had the Lancer since October of 2010. I've not done much. It was BONE STOCK when I got it, so picture it bone stock haha.

I've:
    -Painted the mirrors
    -Painted the grille
    -Trim rings
    -Painted headlights
    -Poorly-fitting Vortex Generator
    -Stickers (obv. not done)
    -OZ struts / springs with 22k on them (under my sofa in my room, still boxed up)
    Plans:
    -OZ / Rally skirts
    -RMR Type II lip
    -Kaminari rear lip
    -RRM Evo Style grille
    -Tein S. Techs for now (but since it's winter, I might wait & save for GCs)
    ^^ Those will go on the OZ struts and just be swapped onto the car
    -Have the 4-5 dents / dings popped out and touched up

I'm not going crazy with this car. As you'll see with my Neon and Civic, I'm all about going low & slow.

Neon:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Civic:
    [​IMG]

Here's my Lancer as it sits today. I haven't taken any pictures of it except the snow one, but like I said you can picture a stock silver ES (with matching door handles).

Bear with me. I just pulled it out of the garage, and it's not been cleaned for a few weeks. The one time I took shots, my camera died and I rushed off to work anyhow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ideas, tips, criticism, etc... is welcome.

2. davidlanceres

davidlanceres Well-Known Member

Looks good so far man! Keep us updated.

3. FAC3L3SS

Thanks man! Your car is a personal favorite. Just started my claim with the company that sent me the Vortex Generator because it's clearly too short. Otherwise I decided I'm truly saving for Ground Control sleeves and shocks so I can be low in the spring.

4. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

dropping lancers is always the way to go

5. FAC3L3SS

Haha yeah, that wheel gap is so gnarly. I love my cars being dumped. I was hesitant to work with this car, since it's the first automatic I've owned, but it's a DD and it's crazy comfy and I dig it. I'll slam it, rock some poser wheels, and a lip kit and it'll be cleaner than 98% of the trash that floats on these streets here.

6. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

sounds like a solid plan to me

7. davidlanceres

davidlanceres Well-Known Member

Should look good! Can't wait to see it!

8. FAC3L3SS

Thanks! Progress wont be crazy quick since I'm getting my sleeve finished first, but small things will be done along the way.

9. Sinestra

Sinestra Well-Known Member

I cant wait to see the whole process comes together man going to look sick once you slam that biotch to the ground

10. FAC3L3SS

Thanks man! I don't want to jinx it, but the Lancer may be sold. I've gotta get back into something with a man pedal.

11. FAC3L3SS

Welp, after a billion crappy offers and junk trades, I'm gonna keep the Lancer. It's nicer than anything else I've looked at or owned yet. Here's how it's going to sit, and PLEASE feel free to flame:

*eBay "Rally" skirts in black
    *garden trim / edging (black) front lip
    *dumpt on either eBay sleeves or Skunk2 sleeves if I care to have SOME performance
    * black "Evo" style front bumper paint (just the center)

I've got a set of OZ struts and springs here with ~22k on them, so I'ma put sleeves on those and slam it.

It's just a DD for me, that looks better than most junkers out there, IMHO, so I'll just lower it and get some sort of fake lip kit haha. The steelies and trim rings stay unless I get a killer deal on some 15s.

12. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Why doesn't your rear tint go over your 3rd brake light? Just curious. The guy who did mine took the brake light out and just put it back when he was done.

13. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

Some states its illegal to tint over the 3rd brake light.

14. FAC3L3SS

That's a good question, and I can't answer it haha. The Neon and Civic had the 3rd brake lights on the trunk and hatch, but they never worked anyhow. This is the first window-mounted light I've driven with. It doesn't bother me, the tint is stupid dark and well-done (bought it this way) and since the fronts are lighter they don't pull me over. I've never had police issues with tint, but I think this one was done this way since it was bought from Ohio and it sounds like they're more uptight about that stuff than we are. At least they have e-check haha.

15. FAC3L3SS

Modding bug hit me today. Goin' partial ratrod and partial "scene" with this thing. I ordered 12 more stickers for the rear window, Skunk2 coil sleeves (yeah, crap, haha), and a Wink mirror. Eventually I'll get some red or gold GT3s and just rock it dumped on some colored wheels and sticker'd up. DD status haha. Pics when shit starts arriving!

16. Jogenmaru

You know what...i have to admit when you first showed up I thought you were a spammer. Now I feel like an idiot. Good thing I didnt listen to my brain cuz you woulda been banned. Looking forward to some pics

17. FAC3L3SS

Lol no spam here. Stickers and mirror are due on Thursday so photos then at least.

18. ayount08

ayount08 Well-Known Member

19. FAC3L3SS

Idk anything about performance on these cars. I wont even bother with an intake on mine.

20. Jogenmaru

The only improvement you can do to these cars without turbo would be suspension. That's the only thing that makes a huge difference. Everything else is just a sound improvement. IMO